Lagging is without doubt the worst problem you can face on your setup. Now, it can be caused by low end hardware, installing lots of programs and plenty of other stuff. But more often than not it has something to do with the CPU usage. Now, it doesn’t mean that you’d need to upgrade your processor. Sometimes it’s just some “not-so-necessary” tasks which drain your CPU Usage. So this is where Antimalware Service Executable comes into play. Information about MsMpEng.exe AntiMalware Service Executable Windows 10 and 100 Disk will also be given here.
AntiMalware Service Executable is a very common problem for the windows users. It occurs in Windows 7, 8 & 10. With our guide you will be able to solve this in a matter of minutes for sure.
- 1 What is Antimalware Service Executable?
- 2 How to disable Antimalware Service Executable High CPU ?
- 3 Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable
What is Antimalware Service Executable?
If you go to the task manager, you’d find plenty of unnecessary tasks draining the resources. One among these unnecessary tasks is the “Antimalware Service Executable”. The solution for MsMpEng.Exe Antimalware Service Executable will also be discussed here.
Antimalware Service Executable Windows 10
Many users have reported it to be the reason why their computer lags a lot. For those of you who don’t know, Windows 10 Antimalware Service Executable is a background process which is run by Windows Defender and Windows Defender comes pre installed on the the latest Windows Edition. After following everything we informed you all about, Antimalware Service Executable will be gone forever.
Antimalware service executable high cpu usage error is very common these days, you can share our tutorial with all your friends who are facing the same issue.
Windows Defender offers Real time protection and that’s why it’s continuously scanning your computer and making it slow down. MsMpEng.Exe is a process of the windows defender.
If lately you have faced any lagging or slowing down of your computer then you may be looking for an Antimalware Service Executable Fix. In this article, we have put together a procedure to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High Usage. These procedures work for all Windows 7, 8 and 10. You just need to follow all the steps carefully to fix this error.
How to disable Antimalware Service Executable High CPU ?
Procedure 1: Change Windows Defender’s Schedule
Now that you know that the background process is run by Windows Defender, it is not hard to figure out why the procedure would work. On one hand, Windows Defender is good for the protection of your PC but on the other hand, it really does slow down your PC a lot.
So, you might want to manually unschedule it or update it to a time when are you are not likely to drain your CPU. Here is the procedure to do it:
Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable
- Go to the Start Menu and type “Task Scheduler”. Once you see the app named “Task Scheduler”, open it or AntiMalware Service Executable.
- In the left there would be a navigation pane , find Task Scheduler Library and double click. Then keep expanding the folders and navigate to Library/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender.
- Once you have opened the Windows Defender folder, you need to double click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
- Click “Conditions tab”, then uncheck all options and finally click OK. All of your schedule scans would be cleared now.
- But to be on the safe side, we recommend you to schedule some new scans. It can be done in a way that it won’t affect the performance of your PC.
- Double click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan, Triggers and then click New.
- After opening the New tab click the scan option.
- Create a new scan schedule according to the time that fits your needs. We would advise you to do it once a week when you are very less likely to use your PC a lot.
- The final step is to repeat the process for Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Windows Defender Cleanup, Windows Defender Verification which can be found in the Library/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender folder.
- Just restart your PC and use it without any problem.
- Your windows laptop will run without any errors from now on.
So, these were the steps to fix msmpeng.exe antimalware service executable by changing Windows Defender Schedule. If you don’t like this method or don’t find it working then we do have an alternative method. Below is procedure #2 if you are interested.
Procedure 2: Add Antimalware Service Executable 100 disk as an exclusion
When Windows Defender is scanning your computer, it scans every single file. And due to this, the performance of your computer slows down. It even scans itself and that might be the reason it slows down your computer’s performance drastically. MsMpEng.exe is a process which is present while this error takes place. Antimalware service executable High Cpu can be fixed with this. To avoid any performance issues, you can add Windows Defender to its own exclusion list. Here is how to do it:
- Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc or search it from Start menu search option.
- You will see a lot of processes and you’ll need to find Antimalware Service Executable. Once you have successfully located it, right click on the process and select Open File Location.
- Then you’ll see the full path of Antimalware Service Executable in the address bar. Copy the full path.
- Check for the Antimalware Service Executable 100 Disk Usage and Windows 10 too.
- Now, go to the Start menu, type “windows defender” and open the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Then click on Virus & threat protection and find “Exclusions” and then click on Add or remove exclusions. Now, click on Add an extension, select File and paste the full path to Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) in the address bar. Finally click Open and it will be added to the exclusion list.
- Restart your system.
MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable Disk Usage
So, this was the procedure 2 to fix the problem of Antimalware Service Executable. All we did is added the task itself to its exclusion list. You’ll be glad to know that if you find this method not working then we have another method as well. Below we discuss procedure 3 for fixing the error with another method that is completely disabling the windows defender of Antimalware service executable full disk.
Procedure 3: Completely Disable Windows Defender
So far, in this article we discussed two procedures to get rid of Antimalware Service Executable high CPU. It is very unlikely that these procedure won’t work. But just in case, you find the above 2 procedures hard to follow through, we have another procedure for you. If the problem still comes up, you can use this procedure to get rid of the problem completely. MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable is the process present in the windows defender.
Antimalware Service Executable MsMpeng.exe
In this procedure, all you have to do is disable Windows Defender. And here is how to do it:
- Open the Run Dialog Box from the start menu or by pressing Windows Key + R
- Then type regedit in Run and click OK. It will open the Registry Editor.
- On your left, you will see a navigation pane. You need to double click the folders there to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
- Look for a registry named “DisableAntiSpyware” and set its value data to 1.
- Reboot the Windows PC and check if the problem is solved or not.
- If the MsMpEng.exe Antimalware error doesnot go away, you can check out our other posts too.
That’s all you need to do to disable Windows Defender and fix the Antimalware Service Executable disk usage problem. So far in this article, we discussed 3 methods to disable antimalware service executable windows 10 . You can select any procedure that suits your needs. If the problem of MsMpEng.exe Antimalware service executable persists with one procedure then you can try the other two. This guide will definately solve this error on your windows system. Stil if it occurs you must inform us about it quickly by commenting or contacting us.
Final Verdicts :-
Anyway, we hope that we cleared your doubts about AntiMalwareServiceExecutable with this post. Stay tuned to our blog for more such informative posts and latest updates. In case you have any queries you can freely contact us.