What is MsMpEng.exe
Only a few people know what Msmpeng.exe Antimalware Service Executable is and due to that lack of knowledge, we not always are able to get the solution to the problems caused by them. But you do not need to worry about that because we are here and we will tell you all that you need to know about Msmpeng.exe Antimalware service executable. The Antimalware service executable is the background process, msmpeng which is run by the windows defender on your PC, which keeps your PC safe from harmful viruses so that you do not face any troubles. It protects your PC from the malware.
However, with its usage, there are many of the users who have reported that there PC has been running down slowly because the Antimalware software executable consumes high CPU usage. With that, there has been problems such as the slowing down of the PC which is always annoying for the users. However, you have nothing to worry about because we are here and we will give you a solution to it. The msmpeng.exe error sometimes also occurs with 100% Disk Usage on the windows pc. Msmpeng,exe antimalware service executable is really easy to fix.
Now, there are two ways with which we can get the solution to this problem and we will talk about both of them in details. Both the methods are easy even for a normal user and should have no issues while handling the problems. Now, all you have to do is simply follow the steps which we will mention and you will get rid of the problem all by yourself. MsMpEng.exe High Cpu usage occurs in the windows defender and can be solved with our guide easily. Antimalware service executable is also known as msmpeng 100 disk.
Disable Msmpeng.exe Antimalware Service Executable Windows 10,8 & 7
The two methods to fix the error of MsMpEng are:
Change window’s defenders schedule
Add Antimalware service executable to windows defender exclusion list
Change Window’s Defenders Schedule
The first way to the problem is that you need to change the window’s defenders schedule and if you do not know how to do it, we are here for you. Just follow the steps which we have mentioned below and you will be good to go. These steps include:
- The first step is to press the windows button and the R key simultaneously which will open the dialog box. After the box opens, you need to type taskschd.msc and click enter to proceed further.
- The next step is to double click on the task-schedule library, followed by Microsoft and Windows, at last.
- Now scroll down and you will see a Windows defender option. Double click on that to proceed.
- This will open another window where you will see a Windows Defender Schedule Plan option, click on that.
- After opening that, go to the general window on top and uncheck the box named “Run with highest privileges”. This will allow to solve Msmpeng.exe AntiMalware Service Executable Windows 10 High CPU error.
- After that, go to the conditions pane and you will see a few options there. Uncheck every option available to you and click OK.
With these steps, your problem should be taken care of.
Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
The steps to add antimalware service executable for msmpeng.exe include:
- Press the windows button and I simultaneously, which will open the Windows settings. Select update & Security option. It will help to fix Msmpeng.exe Antimalware Service Executable error on your windows laptop or pc.
- Click Windows defenders and scroll down to click “Add an exclusion” option.
- After that, you will see “Exclude a .exe, .com or .scr process.” Click that.
- Pop-up window will open and you need to type Msmpeng.exe and click OK.
- Restart your PC and check for the error it will not occur again.
Final Verdicts for MsMpEng.exe Antimalware service :-
With that, your problem is ought to solve about Msmpeng.exe Windows 10 and 7. MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable will be finished forever.
- 1 What is MsMpEng.exe
- 1.1 Disable Msmpeng.exe Antimalware Service Executable Windows 10,8 & 7
- 1.2 Change Window’s Defenders Schedule
- 1.3 Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list