How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable Windows 10
Lagging is without doubt one of the worst experiences you can ever face. It’s just very annoying and disturbing when your computer starts lagging. There could be many reasons as to why your computer might be lagging but one of the most common reasons is HIgh CPU usage. Windows 10 is used by everyone these days.
High CPU usage could cause your computer to stutter or lag. Many apps and programs are very hard on your CPU and thus drain the performance. Now, it’s okay if an important app is using the CPU but what if a “not-so-important” app drained the performance of your CPU. Well, there is a task called “Antimalware Service Executable” on Windows 10 which is sometimes the reason for High CPU usage. Windows 10 Antimalware service executable will be solved using this guide.
It is very likely that this is the reason for the slow performance of your CPU. You can go to task manager and make sure if the process is running or not. Anyway, this post’s motive is to help you get rid of the problem and make your computer perform faster. Today, we’ll discuss “How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10”.
Fix Antimalware Service Executable Windows 10 100 disk Usage
So, above we went through and talked a little about the problem. It is about time we come up with a solution. Well, there are plenty of ways to get rid of the problem. But we have chosen the one that is easy to follow and is very much likely to get rid of the problem.
Anyway, as you must be knowing Antimalware Service Executable 100 Disk Usage is a task run by Windows Defender. Windows Defender is a pre installed program in Windows 10 which scans your computer for viruses and harmful threats and protects your PC. So, when Windows Defender scans your computer, it scans every single thing. It scans itself too and sometimes that cause the computer to slow down.
It can be avoided if you add Windows Defender to its own Exclusion list. If you are wondering how you can do it then here is the full procedure to do so:
Steps to Fix Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10
- Go to your desktop and Open Windows Task Manager. The shortcut is by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. MsMpEng.exe
- Once you have opened Task manager, you will be able to see a number of different processes and what you need to do is find Antimalware Service Executable.
- Once you find it, you need to right click it and select Open File Location.
- There you’ll be able to spot the Antimalware Service Executable’s full path in the address bar. You need to copy the full path.
- Thereafter, open Start menu, type in “windows defender” and then open the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Finally, open Virus & threat protection and spot “Exclusions”, then click on Add or remove exclusions. Click on Add an extension, then select File and paste the full path in address bar. Then click Open and it will be successfully added to the exclusion list.
- Restart your PC and check again if the problem is solved or not.
In this post we discussed how to fix the problem of Windows 10 Antimalware Service Executable. If you have any doubts or queries then feel free to leave them in the comments section.